Sign in to follow this  
matzoball

jealousy - not handling it well

boyfriend and i have managed to stay togther for a year - and it has been great.

however we keep having the same argument over and over. his workmates girlfriend keeps touching my boyfriend, and as far as i am concerned only i should. this gets my back up immediately. she calls his house phone to invite us over to their house for drinks, which i feel is highly innapropriate. now she is caring for my boyfriends grandfather in a care home. i have tried to keep control of my jealousy so far but it always turns into me berating my boyfriend for letting her do these things(touching and flirting, not caring for his papa).

he went to see his papa this week, and i was told that she put her arm around him and introduced herself as my boyfriends new girlfriend. according to his sister this was all a big joke, and she likes to wind up other people in the home. but i failed to see the funny side.

i ended up making digs at him to the point he nearly drove me home because he was sick of hearing it over and over. we managed to talk it out, but now i can't say another thing about this girl. i understand in a logical way why he is upset - but i am obsessed with the fact this girl seems to want my boyfriend. Having AS and a relationship is hard as it is, but now my paranoia usually associated with everyone else, is focussing on her and i can't stop myself. i really don't want to ruin my relationship.

It sounds like this girl is just a flirtaceous type - not that she is genuinely trying it on with your boyfriend, just that this is the only way she knows to relate to men. It doesn't mean that your boyfriend is interested in her.