Sign in to follow this  
Linz

Emergency Reviews

Can any one advise where I might find information regarding Emergency Reviews of Statements. My sons school have advised that we need to ask the LEA to conduct such a review.

Cheers

An emergency or interim review is usually called if a child's needs change or can't be met properly by a school - a parent can call one as long as it's not within a certain time of the last annual review (I think)

it's much like an annual review but is usually called for a specific reason and so may have more professionals attending

you need to know why the review is being asked for and who the school feels should be there and why

if the school feels he doesn't need so much support or even a statement you need to be very wary - schools are under pressure to reduce statements at the moment although they very rarely actually want to do this and I am not really suggesting that this is an issue, just making you aware that it can happen.

call IPSEA, the NAS and parent partnership for advice and support

Zemanski