Sign in to follow this  
baddad

Master Chef

Has anyone else been watching this?

For the uninitiated it goes like this:

2 Michelin Tyres Celebrity Cook: Hmmm. Well the prune Ju on Colin's guinea fowl was simply divine, but sadly the fowl itself was a little bland. I think he overdid the paprika and it washed out the other flavours.

Fat Bloke: Well, Colin, that ju you did was top drawer - excellent - but you let yourself down a bit wiv the bird, dint ya son? Went a bit overboard with the paprika and it swamped it...

2 Michelin Tyres Celebrity Cook: but then Colin redeemed himself with a creme brulee and shortcake with honeysuckle compote that left me hungry for more. The biscotti were a little dry, and the compote a little thin, but the brulee was firm and cooked to perfection...

Fat Bloke: Ah yes, that creme brulee. Perfection. If you'd cooked it any longer it would have been overcooked. Any less, and it would have been underdone. But you didn't. It was perfection. A perfect creme brulee, with just the right balance of firmness without being too firm or not firm enough...

But - oh dear - the biscuits. Dry, weren't they? Lacking in the area of wetness? In need of a bit more moisture? And, sadly, the compote went the other way: a bit too wet for cooking at this kind of level?

What i'd really like to see is the 2 Michelin Tyres Celebrity Cook turn to the Fat Bloke and say 'go on - you go first'... and then we could watch as his mouth silently opened and closed like a fish on a riverbank and he burst out crying and run home to his mum and was sacked by the TV company and was never allowed to work on tv again...

Not that I've got anything against Fat Blokes. Or smug people. I used to really like Alexis Sayle for example, and he's a smug fat bloke. It's just some smug fat blokes... ennit... :)

No I didn't see this, because tonight I was watching something rather more highbrow at the theatah, dahling. :whistle:

Obviously one of my better decisions.

:D

K x

:lol:

and shove huge forkfuls of the food in his mouth. then while the camera does a nice close up of it all dribbling back out he tries to talk and chew.... nice

it is actually marginally better than when that other shouty guy did it with the bald shouty guy. then they were fighting over who got the biggest forkful to shove in their mouth while going 'mmmffh, mmfffh'

also did anyone notice most of these so called 'professionals' can't cook!? can't make pastry, can't joint a chicken, can't cook an omlette. one of them nearly sliced his whole hand of fileting a fish...

it is actually marginally better than when that other shouty guy did it with the bald shouty guy. then they were fighting over who got the biggest forkful to shove in their mouth while going 'mmmffh, mmfffh'

Perhaps they should get Gordon Ramsey as the Michelin Tyres Celebrity Cook to even out the shouting. Then we could all just turn the volume down...

Another thing I noticed - they bang on about portion sizes all the time 'Oooh, that's a big plateful'... 'That's a very substantial starter to serve before a venison main course...' etc, but whenever Fat Bald Bloke eats a nice pastry he says 'lovely, I could have eaten three of those easily'...

My guess is it's probably not 'glandular', IYKWIM :lol:

I want the girl to win, just to see how long she can run a restaurant before someone goes down with salmonella from her undercooked chicken :lol: Apart from that, though, does seem to know her onions...

:D

I love the show.Cannot get enough of it.

My very best bit this week was when the Fat bloke decided to just once not repeat what Michelin whats is name had said in a different way and disagree......did not go down well.

As for professionals that cannot cook an omelette and go through to the quarter final having served up twodifferent types of raw poultry. ... :eat::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

I am going to apply to go on Masterchef next year and will whip up my Cheese and Marmite on Toast followed by Mr Whippy and special chocolate spread sauce. Lets see what the Mitchelin starred one and the Tubby guzzler make of that. Oohh Daisydot, you need a little more seasoning in the marmite dressing :blink: and your chocolate sauce is rather cloying and sickly :oops: shame. :lol:

Spotted several of the so called professional quarter finalists touching their hair - isnt that forbidden in the cheffy world ? Perhaps a few extra strands of hair in with the spun sugar add an extra crispyness ? :sick:

They showed an old Floyd on France programme from the 80's tonight - did anyone see it?

He was the master chef in my opinion, his programmes were always so entertaining. :) RIP Keith Floyd.

K x

They showed an old Floyd on France programme from the 80's tonight - did anyone see it?

He was the master chef in my opinion, his programmes were always so entertaining. :) RIP Keith Floyd.

K x

I watched 'Keith on Keith' the night the ol' fella bit the big one... sad that his last tv appearance was alongside such a psychophantic pseud... I got the feeling floyd saw right through him - hope so. On the other hand, Jamie Oliver just had a 'dedicated to' at the end of his prog... thing I really like about Jamie - he knows he's a bit of a (hem hem) but just says 'stuff it - I is what I is' which is exactly the same spirit that made Floyd a total one off...

RIP Keith. And I hope wherever you are you're still smoking and guzzling and arguing the toss...

L&P

BD :D