Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

This Morning ITV1

There's just been an interview on This Morning (ah the joys of morning telly!! :rolleyes:) about a family who all have Asperger's.

Here is more info about it. I assume it will be on ITV Player?

I actually thought it was quite positive - of course I can find all the usual niggles about some terminology, the idea of self-dx etc, but generally OK. I loved the bit about answering "How do you feel?" - I could soooo identify with that! The only thing that concerned me was that the psychologist they had in talking about it seemed to be suggesting that there was a lot of support out there for adults diagnosed as adults - erm, I think me would all say a big no to that one. :(

Hi I watched it,I think a couple weeks back someone on here gave a link to a newspaper article on the same family.It was nice to see them in the flesh so to speak.I also laughed when they mentioned "how are you?" my son often gives a long speech on how he is,he is usually not "fine",I know he does this but I must be honest I always slip up and ask him this question,I ask my other kids so just seems to come natural,in a way it is okay because its the only time he will tell me about his day,he will "shut down" after that,it is only strangers I feel for as they do want to listen but often dont have the time!I think they do seem fortunate in that they have received help and support,well they didnt say anything negative on that,which unfortunatley other people will think all of us get this help.On a positive maybe seeing such a "normal" family will remove some misconceptions about Aspergers and other forms of ASD.