Sign in to follow this  
Frizz

Good family wii game-ideas please

Hi. With only something rediculous like 52 days left till christmas, the requests for ideas have started coming in!! Too much going on at the moment to start looking round the shops etc, then had a brain wave-a family wii game-but which one?! The all time favourite that all four of us loved (& still do) is 'super mario galaxy' Something nice like that I thought....but there's so much to choose from I dont know where to start. We have 'my sims kingdom' but it hasnt been a hit, same with 'my pet hotel'. Mario kart has been fun tho poor DS is such a hopeless driver that she invairably storms out having finished 12th :crying:

Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved! Many thanks. Santa's little helper. :lol:

The Carnival Games one is good, we enjoy that! (SM Galaxy gives me motion sickness, believe it or not!) But we thoroughly enjoy an evenng of Carnival Gaming! I think the SM Olympics could be good fun too!

Erm... super mario galaxy 2 comes out later this month!

We quite like sports Island (or is it SI2?) for the tennis and boule and son LOVES mario kart with the steering wheels. Wii fit seemed like a good idea but quickly got left to one side :( If Mario is your thing 'Super Mario Bros is also out later this month and there's Mario Party 8 too. I've also got him Monopoly, but more because he's a big monopoly fan than because the game looks partcularly interesting...

Erm... super mario galaxy 2 comes out later this month!

We quite like sports Island (or is it SI2?) for the tennis and boule and son LOVES mario kart with the steering wheels. Wii fit seemed like a good idea but quickly got left to one side :( If Mario is your thing 'Super Mario Bros is also out later this month and there's Mario Party 8 too. I've also got him Monopoly, but more because he's a big monopoly fan than because the game looks partcularly interesting...

Thanks for the tip,sadly upon looking into it in detail,although pre orders are being taken it would seem that the release date is March 2010. Not all bad tho as my kids have birthdays shortly after!! Any idea what Mario Party is like?

Thanks for the tip,sadly upon looking into it in detail,although pre orders are being taken it would seem that the release date is March 2010. Not all bad tho as my kids have birthdays shortly after!! Any idea what Mario Party is like?

Sorry 'bout that :( Ben looked it up a few weeks ago and found a release date somewhere of mid November, but looking on Play.com now it's saying AUGUST 2010 :wacko:

My guess is they've either found some bugs or some other reason for holding back release... maybe a new add-on tie in they can incorporate or something(?)

I don't play games and Ben/none of his friends have Mario Party but it's got good reviews and (I think) even 'bad' mario's are better than many games that get released(?)

Ben's fave on the wii at the mo is defintely Smash Bros Brawl but it's completely incomprehensible to me!

A tip: if you've got a blockbuster nearby why not rent some likely candidates and see which they prefer? It is expensive to rent 'big name' titles, but offset that against the costs of the latest Big Sellers and it's still much cheaper than buying a pig in a poke! Don't know if they still do, but some local library's used to rent games out too, which may be a cheaper or more convenient option(?)

L&P

BD :D

Edited by baddad

i had marioparty. i didn't like it, but that might've been my old tv. the writing on screen was really hard to read, which meant playing the games was very difficult. i've got it on DS now and much prefer that as i can actually see whats going on, but it gets a bit repetitive and predictable after a while. that said, i did have the wii version on our old tv, and we evenutallly binned that when we realised we couldn't see the ball during Wimbleldon!!

i'm getting excited about super mario bros, since i dont like any of the wii mario games except mariokart so far. i couldn't deal with all the flipping upside down in mario galaxy, and i gave up on super paper mario as it was so slow moving (i much prefer the old platform versions you can play on DS). my top wii games for family are mariokart (hilarious at big family parties) and wii sports. i'm getting wii resort as soon as i get the small fortune together to buy it, as that looks like it'll be great fun christmas day, can just see us all sitting there doing a bit of canoeing after lunch.

My kids are asking for Wii Music. My eldest son played it with his cousin over the summer and he was really enthusiastic about it.