Sign in to follow this  
justine1

websites for other mums with NT kids?

Hi all

I have been having trouble with one mother at my sons school she has approached me on three occasions to "talk" about my sons behaviour towards her son.Today I was very upset over it, I remained calm and listened to her concerns then at the end she said "what are you going to do about it?" I got so mad!!! I told her he is not my legal responsibilty while at school and that they punish him accordingly when he has done something wrong,she mentioned I should punish him at home and said "cant you remove something from him"I wanted to say why should I punish him twice,but decided to leave it . after I told her I will not remove my son from school and deny him an education she started saying my son is bullied then later in the conversation I said my son is not bad or a bully he just cant communicate his frustrations and lashes out.Well I want to give her some info to read so she can understand better,do you think it will help?If so which are the best websites for this?Thank you,moan over!

Hi.The NAS produce some very good leaflets that provide a brief overview of ASD and AS perhaps one of them might be useful to give to the other mum.Karen.

Hi all

I have been having trouble with one mother at my sons school she has approached me on three occasions to "talk" about my sons behaviour towards her son.Today I was very upset over it, I remained calm and listened to her concerns then at the end she said "what are you going to do about it?" I got so mad!!! I told her he is not my legal responsibilty while at school and that they punish him accordingly when he has done something wrong,she mentioned I should punish him at home and said "cant you remove something from him"I wanted to say why should I punish him twice,but decided to leave it . after I told her I will not remove my son from school and deny him an education she started saying my son is bullied then later in the conversation I said my son is not bad or a bully he just cant communicate his frustrations and lashes out.Well I want to give her some info to read so she can understand better,do you think it will help?If so which are the best websites for this?Thank you,moan over!

OAASIS have information sheets which are free to download and are about AS, AS and anxieties, AS and educational issues and more.