Sign in to follow this  
joybed

autism friendly toys

Hi all I have done most of my shopping but need one more thing for Piers. The thing is i have no idea what to get him. He is really into Ben 10, power rangers etc but has most of this stuff all ready or is getting it for christmas. My Mum has bought him a kids camera and he has loads of dress up stuff (a passion of his). He really wanted a screature interactive dinosaur, this years must have toy and sold out and i refuse to pay ebays prices. All the other interactive dinosaur stuff ie Pleo/ spike etc are too expensive. We looked at the imaginext space shuttle but feel it will be another thing that sits in the corner due to lack of imagination to play with it. Any ideas around the fourty pound mark. After seeing a thread on here I am off to investigate playmobile. Thanks in advance.

Cant beat playmobil. J is 13 soon but doesnt care, he has the airport, policestation, shops and castle, he is obsessed with emergency vehcles and so playmobil is an ideal toy as there is ambalance, police, fire, rescue services, for us its been brilliant, he also got a new sound system to play his relaxation cds and his increasing music collection, its going to be defo a sensory christmas this year, but playmobil is brilliant, amazon uk deliver very efficiant and there prices are good too, quite a lot of playmobil on there.

Good Luck.

JsMum

GI Joe was a biggish movie a while back (just out on DVD) so you might find stuff from that... Ben was bought lots of it years ago, and there's stuff like helicopters, jeeps, all terrain vehicles etc. Basically, it's similar stuff to action man, but slightly futuristic and the scale is smaller - more in line with stuff like Star Wars etc. If Ben10 is that sort of size, then it would be a good crossover.

Similar thought - Star Trek has just been released on DVD so they'll be re-marketing their stuff.

L&P

BD :D

Lego has been a great toy for my autistic son (or Megablocks depending on the age).

He gets instruction booklets with the sets, and he'll copy what to do, He will sometimes get creative and make something without the instructions also, And its great for his motor skills.

And if he is having one of his moments where nothing looks right, he'll get the pieces and put them into piles of however many studs the piece has which keeps him busy and quite for a while.

:thumbs: