Sign in to follow this  
ksasnic

DLA form filling time again

I am ARGHHHHHHHH at the moment and sooo stressed about it I have put it off for ages and now its getting urgent. Due to end in March so I must get my skates on and after I have filled it in I have to take it to the consultant so he can fill his bit in then they said they would send it off for me.

I don't know what it is but I have done the hard part of writing out in rough how it all affects him taken in part from an old copy of my last renewals form but I now have to copy it over and those boxes are just so darn small its bugging the aspie in me!

But I suppose its because this year there seems to be more added to the list and it thoroughly upsets me.

Last time he was awaiting second opinion dx for Aspergers and had speecha and language and social communication problems and the innattentive attention deficit disorder with a fair bit of hyperactivity included.

Now he has his dx and as he was such a complex case that they couldn't say for sure what it was as he had. They explained it to me as on the scale we have aspergers then we have something in the middle then we have full autism and my son is short of full autism but further along than aspergers so he is in the middle as undefined ASD Which has confused me somewhat, I keep flitting towards they are copping out a bit to blimey son why so complex.

So there is that now to be added to the form, then as he had sleep difficulties he is now on Melatonin (total godsend and highly recommended!) he is on the gluten free diet due to an intolerance that basically made him hyper and completely out of sorts as well as stomach upsets, bad constipation etc, add to that dyslexia and well shall we say everytime we go to see his consultant at the ADHD clinic when they print out the letter it varies every time, sometimes they miss off some of his problems at others add more so, well I am exhausted trying to find information to help explain these types of problems but then when I do find information it is all hit and miss as of course my boy apparently is complex and doesnt fit it all fully!

I am still getting over the findings that he is borderline learning difficulties..:tearful:

I am so worried that they will stop it and say he doesn't qualify or drop it down as shall we say life without it will just add so much more stress onto me and I am already struggling as a single parent who already suffers from anxiety problems.

Sorry to moan on just feeling very isolated. I havn't had a break away from him in over 2 years and that was for a weekend, yes granted I get time off when he's at school but as we all know its not total time off. I love him to bits but boy is he draining!

Ho hum onwards as they say.... ever onwards!!!

They explained it to me as on the scale we have aspergers then we have something in the middle then we have full autism and my son is short of full autism but further along than aspergers so he is in the middle as undefined ASD

What you describe would sort of ,I imagine, be how a lot on this site could describe the diagnosis.

As for DLA don't forget it is to do with the problems you have not the diagnosis.

Thanks for that.. I got bogged down in the dx as thats personal to me and lost the reason for the form.

I suppose I am just trying to make sure that they know everything so hopefully they will continue with the DLA. I know its not just about the money but without it a load of activities which he does now would have to be curbed. That then would mean an even more bored child and a more depressed me. Followed by what to feed him as his gf foods are not cheap!

Back to it I must finish it off and put it behind me for now.

Thanks

hello just a thought would you be able to get the c.a.b to fill them in for you, i already asked if they will help when i need to do it, and they said no problem. i am so glad i havent got to do it myself anymore i dont like them at all i dont think there is anyone who does :lol: