Sign in to follow this  
Sally44

You don't need a dx or standardised assessments to identify need

I've put out quite a few queries regarding needs in section 2 being specified and quantified in section 3.

And my other posts explain problems i'm having with SPLD needs not being quantified and specified in the Statement.

At the AR the LEA EP said they cannot specify because he does not have a formal diagnosis.

I'm being told by the British Psychology Society and ACE that the CoP does not state anywhere that a child has to have a formal diagnosis to identify need.

The BPS are going to send me their opinion on this - which should be interesting. As the LEA EP seemed to suggest that only standardised assessments are valid. When EPs carry all kinds of assessments and use those results to make advice.

ACE has said that I should write to the LEA to ask them "on what legal grounds are you basing this requirement for a formal dx through standardised assessments before you will quantify and specify." So i'll draft that tomorrow and send it off.