sawjd

dressing up for children and social play

Hello everyone,

I found an american website called modelme.com that offers help to children who struggle with understanding about why we dress up for plays and things like parties. They have dvds which show social situa :) tions like fancy dress parties and various other social situations which looks good. Wanted to know if anyone had come across an english equivilant as the american versions won't work on our dvd players.

Many thanks,

sarni.

Hi there, if it counts most of the cheap DVD players are multi-region and there is absolutely nothing illegal about having them, I buy lots of US DVD's and play them on my cheapy £15 one I got from the green lettered supermarket. It doesn't solve you're problem I know but not a lot of people know that :D

As far as I know, all the DVD-Players are not specified for one of the regional codes when you buy them. After about 5 or 6 DVDs, they get fixated on the code of the last DVD you played. So you might think about getting one DVD-player for code 2 (Europe), and in addition one for code 1 (US). Just pay attention that you don't end up with two of them on code 2!

Hi there, if it counts most of the cheap DVD players are multi-region and there is absolutely nothing illegal about having them, I buy lots of US DVD's and play them on my cheapy £15 one I got from the green lettered supermarket. It doesn't solve you're problem I know but not a lot of people know that :D

Hello Samsam,

Thanksk for the post. The website called www.modelme. seems very good so i will them another email and order the dvds.

Best wishes

sarni :)

As far as I know, all the DVD-Players are not specified for one of the regional codes when you buy them. After about 5 or 6 DVDs, they get fixated on the code of the last DVD you played. So you might think about getting one DVD-player for code 2 (Europe), and in addition one for code 1 (US). Just pay attention that you don't end up with two of them on code 2!

Hello shnoing,

Thanks for the post. You would think that my other half who has worked with Dvd players would have told me about the codes you mentioned. I showed him your email and he said i know. Thanks anyway.

Best Wishes

sarni :blink:

... You would think that my other half who has worked with Dvd players would have told me about the codes you mentioned. I showed him your email and he said i know. ...

ROFL!