Sign in to follow this  
matzoball

really confused

i went to the psychologists on tuesday as what I thought was part of my care package finally kicking in - then when i went in the psychologist starting taking me through the disco proceedure!

I asked why when i already had a dx and she said I had been referred by my new doctor when I changed surgeries - I thought all of this stuff was on the computers and in my regular doctors notes?

I got really upset but she said that I needed to do it again - she's even asked for my mum to attend next week for the second appointment!

Has this happened to anyone else?

I've recently been referred for assessment for a condition I was diagnosed with last year, having changed GPs (not Asperger's in my case). My new GP did not feel I had this condition after all, even though I was diagnosed by a consultant.

Best thing to do in my opinion, is go along with it and let them re-diagnose you. It seems like a frustrating waste of time, but they like to do things their way and I have not found it helpful to question them.

I've recently been referred for assessment for a condition I was diagnosed with last year, having changed GPs (not Asperger's in my case). My new GP did not feel I had this condition after all, even though I was diagnosed by a consultant.

Best thing to do in my opinion, is go along with it and let them re-diagnose you. It seems like a frustrating waste of time, but they like to do things their way and I have not found it helpful to question them.

just attended second appointment with my mum - the psychologist says that even before we go through the next assessment appointments that it is her opinion from what we have discussed so far that i am a high functioning autistic then even went so far as to suggest my mum is too - i am really really confused now!

4 more appointments to go apparently...

At least they are affirming the diagnosis and not trying to withdraw it.

Do you have any of the written reports from the first one that you could show the psychologist?

At least they are affirming the diagnosis and not trying to withdraw it.

Do you have any of the written reports from the first one that you could show the psychologist?

i managed to get the original dx report, and am going to take it in to the appointment this thursday :)

just an update:

took original report with me to last visit, and the doctor said she wasn't going to look at it until she had made her own report. i had my final visit today and got a formal dx of aspergers (again) - she then told me she didn't look at the other report as it wasn't going to make a difference which i suppose is true, but why tell me she thought i was HFA? there's a distinct difference between the two...