Sign in to follow this  
BFrench501

Hello from Leicester :-)

Hi folks :)

I'm am adult with Aspergers Syndrome, and I was looking for the right resource to join and to discuss AS, and of course day to day things with people who either have an ASD, or know somebody with one.

I'm 24 years old and have had a fairly eventful life - both good and bad! I hope to be able to write about my successes and difficulties as time goes by on here. I will be posting a lot as I'm very passionate to understand myself as fully as possible. And I want to get to know other people here, so I hope you don't mind. I won't be spamming and I certainly won't be writing total garbage, I just want to enjoy my time here as best as I can.

My interest at the moment is playing American Pool. I have always had obsessions in my life but one thing that has remained constant is my love for cue sports like Snooker, Billiards and Pool. I don't know if it's the colours of the balls and cloth (playing on red tables makes me aggressive but I love green and light blue cloths), the maths behind the angles, the artistry or the ability to communicate without the need to talk that has always appealed, but one thing I know for certain is that pool has never been a fad. So it's time to put this life long passion into action and try to fulfil my belief that 9-5 work is not all I am capable of doing!

I work for Remploy who deal with getting disabled people, those with health conditions and complex barriers back into employment. So if anybody has any questions, or they haven't come across Remploy before then please get in touch as I'd love to help.

I hope to stick around for sometime, and I hope you will find having me around as fun as it is for me to be here with so many people I share something in common with.

Be lucky :)

Barry (Leicestershire)

Hello and welcome.

I'm in the East Midlands too. My sister works at a Remploy factory. This is the only place she managed to get a job and keep it. She's worked there for around 30 years now.

Infact there needs to be many many more places like Remploy for people with disabilities or difficulties to find work and gain their independence.

I think it must be soul destroying for many adults to find they've navigated their way through the educational system, only to find there is nothing at the other end.