Sign in to follow this  
lucyemma

Very Proud Mummy!!!

Just wanted to share this....I'm feeling so proud of ds (6) after a visit to the supermarket yesterday. He hates going but decided he would go if he could take his purse with him as he'd saved up quite a bit of change.

He was upset that he couldn't find anything he wanted and so I decided it was time we paid and left. At the till opposite us was a kid from his old school who he didn't get on with. The kid had a new toy in his hands and was showing off and pulling faces at ds. The boys father didn't say a word and my son was getting quite distressed and kept saying "mummy get him to stop" (he hates people staring at him). Just as we were about to leave the till ds stopped me and takes his purse out and puts a load of coins into the charity tin that they have at the side of the till. The cashier and the people who were behind us were all singing his praises and this other family clearly overheard. We've had people say so many negative things about ds in the last few months that it was great to hear people saying how kind he was. It was an absolutely fantastic moment!!! :thumbs:

Good stuff! It's great to have a boost like that. :thumbs: Hopefully that moment cancelled out the negative aspects of going to the supermarket.

K x

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Brill stuff............its not easy but try to ignore the negative stuff its just people showing how ignorant they are.Youre son sounds as though hes got a good heart.