Sign in to follow this  
justine1

positive influence

Just thought I would type something positive.There is a girl in Sam's year(not in same class though)she lives around the corner.She has been such a positive influence on Sam and in fact Josh too.Josh has low self esteem,battles to make friends etc but she keeps giving him positive comments like that he is handsome and fun,which gives him a boost.

Sam is very calm around her,he usually gets aggressive with girls in particular ,although they have had the odd argument nothing physical she seems to know how to diffuse the situation.She is brilliant >:D<<'> She is only 7 but a real blessing to see my boys happy and even more considerate towards each other.I just hope they dont start fighting over her in years to come!!!!

On another note....Sams autism outreach teacher said he is brilliant,she has workeD her magic on him and he is a different boy at school according to his TA/LSA.The autism teacher said he was very easy to teach the new techniques to and although was challenging for the first week she enjoyed her time with him,he got a BEN10 mag from her cause she was so happy and proud :thumbs:

thats lovely! My DD2 has the same sort of attributes with kids at school, she seems to make friends with the oddballs there and helps them bloom.

Her mum must be very proud of her

Well that all sounds good :thumbs::thumbs:

Peer support can make a big difference, but from experience I'd try to temper the positives with a sprinkling of caution. Even well intentioned kids can be 'fickle', iykwim and it can change naturally with time too. Nowt you can do about it, and however you look at it the benefits far outweigh the potential pitfalls, but 'softly softly' is probably the way to go.

One other big factor, though, is that this girl's 'mentorship' (for want of a better word) and the positive effect it is having will help pave the way for other friendships that'll counter some of the effects of 'fickle' if it happens. :lol:

Oh dear... complicated all this relationships stuff, ennit. No wonder our kids have so many problems with it! And how do we (or even do we?) tell them it gets worse before it gets better! :lol::oops:

I heard a really corny (even the scriptwriter's acknowledged it was corny) bit of cod psychology on 'Luther' the other night - 'The trouble with relationships is women think men will change and they don't and men think women won't change but they do' :lol: And completely off topic - but has anyone watching 'Luther' noticed how Luther's female mockney boss is the only person he works with who doesn't call him 'Luther' but uses his first name? That's because the writers realised after casting that 'Loofah' is not a good name for a detective... Talk about hanging a lampshade on it!

Anyhoo - back on topic:

Well that all sounds good :thumbs::thumbs: keep up the good work, Boyz and Laydees! :notworthy:

L&P

BD :D