Suze

Is it just me ?????....

Sad to admit this :unsure: .......but adult TV at the moment I think :thumbs: .....is totallly rubbish :wallbash:

............however I have ....(courtesy of my 11yr old dd) ..discovered the CBBC channel :whistle:

and I am now totally addicted to Horrible Histories ...which is awesomely funny and witty and even has super songs in it .

and ....I,m also loving Big Babies :thumbs: ....a fabbbbbbulousss new series that has proper toddler bodies with adult super imposed heads on .

Both these programmes are far to superior for just the kiddies....when I was 11yrs all we had to excite us was grange hill and that was only once a week for 30 mins ...5.00pm ever friday :wacko:

I love Horrible histories tooo!!!Its funny and educational,some of it is a bit disgusting :sick: My oldest has all the books as well.

I definatley agree telly is generally rubbish these days!!!!

when I was 11yrs all we had to excite us was grange hill and that was only once a week for 30 mins ...5.00pm ever friday :wacko:

Pah! Grange Hill - you didn't know you were born...

Al we had was the Pingwings and Tinga and Tucker (not that 'Tucker' - as in 'Tucker's Luck') and Auntie Jean and the Wibbly Wobbly Way... :rolleyes:

Anyhoo - Horrible Histories. I try to get Ben to watch it so I can :lol: He has quite a few of the old cartoon version dVD's but the new 'sketch show' version is much better.

Wouldn't completely write off adult tv though... anything with Charlie Boorman/Sean Locke/David Mitchell having a rant on is usually worth a watch, even if it's got Jimmy Carr (boo) hosting it. Small oases in what are generally pretty cr*ppy schedules, but worth catching. Can't remember what bit it was, but Ricky Gervais cartoon had me rolled up on Friday night - I think it was Karl's holiday diary :lol:

Biggest stupid idea I've seen on TV recently? That 'drop a million' or whatever it was with Davina McKak. 'Yes, they've lost half a million on the first question, so you might as well turn over now' :rolleyes: Didn't it occur to ANYONE that the whole point of a quiz show is rising excitement rather than rising disappointment? But of course, it'll get picked up and scheduled because for about 5 minutes and with tons of promotion they managed to make it seem like a good idea. Ditto plugging the LAST BB as if it's the second coming! It was cancelled because it was cr*p! :whistle: Is it just me??? :unsure: If the 'LAST EVER BB' does well will they bring it back again? :wacko:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

off to let my head explode in peace and quiet...

L&P

BD :D

Not a huge fan of TV and we still haven't gone digital. I agree that Horrible Histories is great - my son is a big fan too. :thumbs:

I thought BB had already been scrapped - shows how much I know. :rolleyes: There isn't really anything on TV I'm regularly watching at the moment, now that Outnumbered is finished.

K x

:ph34r: .............totally forget about Big Brother starting.....thanks for the heads up Bads :thumbs:

shall definitely start a thread when it comes back on can,t wait :whistle:

might even start a countdown .....till when its blasts its way onto our screens ...ooooh the excitement :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

going back too the original opening post....has no one seen Big BABIES yet???

I LOVE CBBC and Horrible Histories rocks! Beth's got loads of the books and they really tune into that encyclopaedic memory of hers - once she's read it she knows it (a useful skill). The most often heard phrase in our house, even more common than 'it's not fair' is 'Did you know......' followed by some amazing historical fact. We were walking in the village the other day when out of nowhere she says, 'Did you know..... that in 1911 a dog in Egypt was killed by a meteorite and it's the only recorded occurance of anything or anyone being killed by a meteorite'. Ahh, OK, that's an amazing fact says I but why did you mention it now? She then points to a building in front of us with a datestone on it for 1911 :lol: .

Favourite CBBC programme has got to be Deadly 60.

Animals - amazing

Facts - amazing

Fitness of Steve Backshall's often naked chest - as amazing as it gets phoarr :hypno:

My youngest two love Horrible Histories (as do I and hubby!)ks around for the theme song then leaves the room (she says its beacuse it is too disgusting - I think she would be fine if it was cartoon rather than "real-life". She has lots of the books (and some of the Science ones) and she loves reading them. They all love Big Babies, although I am yet to watch a full episode), plus ciara loves Deadly 60. All three of them also like Mission 2110 - lots of robots in it which appeals to both Niamh and Thomas.

I haven't watched Mission 2110 yet but my daughter loves it. The other day she told me she's feeling a lot more positive about being female because the girl in the final of the programme 'majorly kicked the butt' of the boy she was up against in the trials! Yay for positive female role models :D

It's just you. :P Or maybe it's just ... not me. :lol: I'll always find something to watch. Besides, the summer months are now upon us, so TV is bound to dry up a bit until the autumn ... unless you like the World Cup and/or Big Brother! :D:thumbs:

Biggest stupid idea I've seen on TV recently? That 'drop a million' or whatever it was with Davina McKak. 'Yes, they've lost half a million on the first question, so you might as well turn over now' Didn't it occur to ANYONE that the whole point of a quiz show is rising excitement rather than rising disappointment? But of course, it'll get picked up and scheduled because for about 5 minutes and with tons of promotion they managed to make it seem like a good idea.

Hey - I liked it! :P When £525,000 was on the verge of actually being won (it was the final question), but was lost, that was incredibly dramatic! :o Guess you didn't see that one. :shame: I suppose I'd agree with you to a point though, coz it wasn't quite so good when only £75,000 was actually won, as having had £1,000,000 to start off with, £75,000 seems like a drop in the ocean, when of course it totally is not! :blink: It's all relative.

James

Biggest stupid idea I've seen on TV recently? That 'drop a million' or whatever it was with Davina McKak. 'Yes, they've lost half a million on the first question, so you might as well turn over now' rolleyes.gif Didn't it occur to ANYONE that the whole point of a quiz show is rising excitement rather than rising disappointment? But of course, it'll get picked up and scheduled because for about 5 minutes and with tons of promotion they managed to make it seem like a good idea.

Lose a million? Nothing new under the sun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lose_A_Million