Sign in to follow this  
Candyfloss

I think people are scared of me - Im not good at social skills and im quite tall with a mediam build? and sometimes with a mean / sad / cross face?

I dont know if its the social problems i have or what - i dont do really weird things or anything - but i fake laugh

i always talk about myself? :/ dont mean to

sometimes can be shy and quiet which can look weird

n :crying:

What do i do? help?

I dont know if its the social problems i have or what - i dont do really weird things or anything - but i fake laugh

i always talk about myself? :/ dont mean to

sometimes can be shy and quiet which can look weird

n :crying:

What do i do? help?

Hi Candyfloss

I have similar problems-never really sure if I,ve got the right "face" on in certain situations_was I sad enough or happy enough-or interested looking-mostly I'm so busy thinking about those things that I don't take in what the person is actually saying!Its worse if I have a surprise encounter-Ithink practice does make it easier-I make an effort to go into our local shop and talk to theeasygoing women who runs it about really ordinary things !!! I think if you have friends with aspergers or someone whounderstands your difficulties you would have great fun just practicing this together. I'm sure people wouldnt be scared of you they probably just think you are shy

Hope that helps a bit

I have similar problems-never really sure if I,ve got the right "face" on in certain situations_was I sad enough or happy enough-or interested looking-mostly I'm so busy thinking about those things that I don't take in what the person is actually saying!

Yeah - I get that too. Thinking so much and so hard about how I should be responding, how I should look and what I need to say when it's my turn to talk that I'm not really thinking about and taking in what's being said to me! :rolleyes: It's like I'm on auto-pilot, putting on a silly, fake-sociable front. I'll say things I don't mean because they seem like "the right thing to say", and always regret it afterwards.

James