Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

And I thought I was bad at misinterpretation...

Yucky yucky yuck yuck :sick: :sick: :sick:

Just been in the kitchen and witnessed a student completely misunderstanding the 'draining' part of draining board. She drained her stewed meat all over it. And all over everyone's clean washing up that was actually draining appropriately. :shame::sick:

I don't get these students. Is it misunderstanding (well she was 'draining' something :lol::unsure:), laziness, stupidity or pure thoughtlessness?

Not nice for a Mumble with a cleaning obsession. :( I couldn't say anything, I was struggling enough to believe what I was actually seeing. There were three others students in the kitchen and they didn't say anything either - surely they can't think it's normal behaviour?

Would you say anything or what would you do? I struggle to cook anyhow and there's a lot I'm not allowed to do having burnt myself a few too many times, but this just puts me off doing what I can do and I hate anything that stops me being as independent as I can be. :tearful:

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I would have had to say something about that, but then I am a fussy veggie so probably would have vomited all over the student anyways :whistle:

hi mumble

i must say i think that they were being lazy because i can not beleive you would drain food over clean pots, :shame: or it could be thoughtlessness, when my son was born my dad and stepmom came over from ireland to do the visit and my husband caught my stepwicth :wallbash: opps i mean mom pouring lamb fat all over georges sterlaised bottels, god was i annoyed :angry: so i can relate to your reaction to this :angry: please dont let it put you of doing the cooking that you can do, if you can time it when this student is not in the kitchen and also take your clean pots straight back to your room (if you keep them they) then she will not get the chance to do this again, you never know she may be doing this to get a reaction from some of you who share the kitchen. so carry on cooking :thumbs:

take care

theresa

Pure thoughtlessness - that's disgusting! I'd be tempted to comment that those were peoples clean dishes and was she going to wash them again for them ;)

Lynne x

Does bad at misinterpretation mean you're good at interpretation? My brain's too fried to work it out!

No, I meant misinterpreting badly, i.e. to an extreme and often. :)