Sign in to follow this  
alexmum2

jargon buster directpayments

If anyone can advice me..... I have read the posts on direct payments ad nellie advised bid to go to the jargon buster to get more info on social services criteria for direct payments.

As i have had a great deal of difficuly in getting them for my DS I went to the site and the message I found said the site had been moved or renamed? server error?

Any advice would be most welcome, on how i can find this site or if anyone knows the criteria that social services uses to agree to direct payments.

I have been told such a lot of b...sh.. from my social servcies dept I don't have a clue as to wether it's right or wrong.

They have done an assessment but I never received any comunication as to wether we had got direct payments and nothing to say we hadn't? all we have got is 2hrs support a week from a volunteer group called SOVA?

When i contacted the manager of the 2 sociial workers who did the assessment to find out what was happening to my claim, she said because i had agreed to the volunteer group giving the respite i forfeited my claim?

Hi Alexmum,

Looks like an out of date link - thanks for letting us know. I've sorted it out so that the jargon buster links to the new NAS pages.

Here is some information for you on Direct payments:

http://www.autism.org.uk/en-gb/living-with...and-carers.aspx

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople...ort/DG_10016128

K x

Edited by Kathryn