Sign in to follow this  
bensmum2

appeal papers gone in , what happens next?

Hi i am appealing parts 2.3 and 4 (named school) of my sons statement. my resposne to the lea has finally gone in , over a year since i first applied for a statutory assessment. Can anyone tell me what hapens now? we have until 6th August for last minute stuff and our hearing is a month later. Are we supposed to have a meeting with the LEA or what does this "working document mean? can anyone tell me please ?

Hi i am appealing parts 2.3 and 4 (named school) of my sons statement. my resposne to the lea has finally gone in , over a year since i first applied for a statutory assessment. Can anyone tell me what hapens now? we have until 6th August for last minute stuff and our hearing is a month later. Are we supposed to have a meeting with the LEA or what does this "working document mean? can anyone tell me please ?

Hi, I'm going through this too at the moment.

We had a meeting arranged by the disagreement resolution service. Their details should have been on the statement covering letter. If not ask your LEA for the details. This meeting is to discuss and hopefully rectify your concerns.

The working document is the statement with any amendments that the LEA have agreed to to. We have our hearing a week on Monday and I am still waiting for sight of ours. It should be available and near enough agreed before the hearing as I believe no time is set aside on the day to discuss the statement content.

Hi Thnaks fopr thta , we had a dissagreemetn resolution meeting last october when they agreed to assess. but in May we had a telephone case management hearing and the judge said have you had a meeting eyt and i said yes in october and she said no u should ahve another one, and the lea said no not yet. so i am presuming we need another one. x

My parent partnership officer is suggesting I contact SENDIST to arrnage a case manaegment hearing but I'm not so sure as our hearing is a week on Monday. The LEA have just decided to name a school that isn't really suitable with a mainstream link. I have no idea how this will work and PP suggested the case management route because of this. I'm visiting the mainstream school today so going to contact SENDIST later on.

It never ends.... :)

my LEA says the meeting is arranged within 15 days of receiving the appeal. But I am sure they are all different. Good luck with it!