Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

Sunburn Blisters

I very stupidly got badly sun-burnt last weekend. :shame: It was really windy and quite chilly so I wasn't aware I was burning and I was wearing a strappy top which I never wear so I had skin exposed to the sun that's never got the sun before.

I thought it was beginning to go down this morning but I've suddenly come up covered in multiple blisters covering the whole top of my front, my shoulders and a few on my back. They really hurt. :tearful: I've never blistered like this before.

Does anyone have any tips to soothe these? I'm allergic to most creams and have very sensitive skin so I can't use most over the counter sun preparations. :( Ouch.

Hi

Growing up in South Africa I experienced this alot,it really is horrible :crying: So I am sorry >:D<<'>

When there is wind and high temperature you are more likely to burn then sitting in the sun,cause even if you in the shade the breeze brings the heat to your body. So its always best in summer to put sun protection on before you leave even if it doesnt appear to be to hot.

I dont really remember what we used ,its not really safe to apply anything once the blisters have appeared,it would have been better to apply "aftersun"(or similar) as soon as you got home.What I did think helped was a cold bath,and maybe get three or more flannels and dench them in cold water.

Once they have gone you will peel and feel much better :thumbs:

Hope you get better soon :pray:

Thanks both :notworthy:

Well I've definitely learnt my lesson - sun bad, pastie white skin good!! :lol: :lol:

I'm taking paracetamol for the pain, unfortunately I can't take a bath because of the risk if I have a seizure as I have no-one to keep an eye on me, showering sort of helps, although ours are quite powerful so a bit of a strange mix of soothing and adding pain. :unsure:

I've been really cold and shivery today even though it's quite warm out; don't know if it's related or if I'm just being strange®. :unsure:

Thanks both :notworthy:

Well I've definitely learnt my lesson - sun bad, pastie white skin good!! :lol: :lol:

I'm taking paracetamol for the pain, unfortunately I can't take a bath because of the risk if I have a seizure as I have no-one to keep an eye on me, showering sort of helps, although ours are quite powerful so a bit of a strange mix of soothing and adding pain. :unsure:

I've been really cold and shivery today even though it's quite warm out; don't know if it's related or if I'm just being strange®. :unsure:

Awwwwww bless ya :tearful: Yes the cold and shivery thing is definatley,likely,to be linked,your body temp is trying to go back to normal.Though could be a cold,there is alot of that going around too :(

I sympathise with regards to the shower, if you can get a plastic washing up bowl(usually £2 at most supermarkets) then just splash on your blisters leaving the water to sink in.Be careful not to move too much or scratch,it will start to itch and then you need to watch for infection.

As I am typing I almost feel the pain :(

Ouch!

You can put calamine lotion on broken skin and turn lovely and pink. Love the smell - memories of childhood. It sounds as if you have a touch of sunstroke with the shivers. It's normally gone in 24 hours. Give yourself a bit of TLC!