Sign in to follow this  
Tally

That doesn't make sense

Just called an emergency locksmith to ask if they can help because my key is stuck in the lock and I can't get the front door locked. She said they can come out and pull the key out for £75, but it sounds like I will need the lock replaced. I asked if they could replace the lock then and she couldn't understand why I would want to do that. I tried to explain that I need to be able to lock my door, so I need someone who can repair or replace the lock for me as well as pull the key out. She said, "that doesn't make sense," and hung up.

Phoned someone else, who got here in 15 minutes and replaced my lock for less money.

She might have thought that you'd snapped a key in the lock and couldn't get the snapped bit out... getting it out would mean a new key at some point (assuming you have a spare - if not scrub 'at some point') but the lock would probably be fine.

Still daft not to ask a few more questions, though, and lost business too. As well as rude, of course!

L&P

BD :D

Well actually I told her I could only get the key out when the door was locked, but not when it was unlocked, so I was unable to open the door and go out. I just couldn't be bothered to explain all that in my post :lol:

She did me a favour because I ended up getting it done quicker and cheaper than they would have done anyway.

Tomorrow the oven repair man is coming.

There will need to be a door repair man at some point (not the same door), and then an electrician. Maybe one day even a plumber to sort out my lukewarm shower . . . well it sure beats a stone cold one! And if I win the lottery there will be a decorator, if not there will be my grandad :)

It's my birthday on Saturday and I would like cold hard CASH!

Sounds like you need a 'handy man'! :lol:

How much does grandad charge for a hallway and stairs, by the way?... just anaglypta/whatever, mind, nowt fancy like...

:D