Sign in to follow this  
Surreal Killer

Hello everyone

Hi everyone, new here, just thought I'd post a quick introduction.

I'm a 28 year old guy, living in SW London and have suffered with social anxiety for my whole life. Just recently I've had Asperger's disorder brought to my attention, and having read through the description and list of symptoms, I'd say it's highly likely that it's what I have.

I have not had an official diagnosis, as the mental health professional that I had been seeing seemed very reluctant to even consider it as a posibility. I thought this a very unfair conclusion as the questions she was asking me only seemed relevant to the social anxiety that I had originally been referred there for. On top of that, the social difficulties that I have prevent me from fighting my case- It was made out as if I didn't know what I was talking about and made me feel completely ######.

Anyway, I'm living on my own with no social network at all. Absolutely no friends. I am unemployed because the finding/applying for work process is socially beyond me.

I find myself dependant on my ex-girlfriend (who is now trans-gendered) to sort out all of my benefits, rent, bills etc- anything that involves communication with service providers. For various reasons, I am beginning to dispise my ex and wish I could cut them out of my life completely, but am forced into a corner as I have no one else to help with all that stuff.

You'll probably find it no surprise that I also suffer with depression, and contemplate suicide nearly every day.

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like the most urgent thing for you is to find someone else to offer you support so that you no longer need to rely on your ex. The Citizens Advice Bureau of the NAS might be able to guide you through the process. Perhaps if your ex can write a letter explaining exactly how much she is doing for you and why it is inappropriate for her to continue, it might help support your application for support.