Sign in to follow this  
Emmet Murphy

ASD Provision in Cornwall

Hello - I am making this enquiry on behalf of a friend who has a young child with ASD. She currently lives in Manchester and is considering a move to Cornwall as she has been offered a good job there. Looking on Cornwall's website I can only find SLD / PMLD SEN provision. Are there any schools with ASD units or more MLD schools in Cornwall?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Emmet Murphy

Hello - I am making this enquiry on behalf of a friend who has a young child with ASD. She currently lives in Manchester and is considering a move to Cornwall as she has been offered a good job there. Looking on Cornwall's website I can only find SLD / PMLD SEN provision. Are there any schools with ASD units or more MLD schools in Cornwall?

Thanks in advance!

Hi - I live in Cornwall and also work for the Parent Carer Council, their are 4 Special schools down her which cater for various additional needs including ASD and some schools have ARB's (Area Resource Base) attached. There are also some ASD support groups running too. Overall I would say provision is good and improving all the time as Cornwall has been one of the pilot project areas for Aiming High for Disabled Children. Hope this helps abit.