Sign in to follow this  
Candyfloss

Who watched eastenders last night and will be watching it tonight!?

I'm a bit of an Eastenders fan. Loved last night's episode. Very dramatic, lots of fire and screaming and Phil wandering about growling like an angry bear.

Am looking forward to watching tonight's episode in a few minutes.

I'm not a big fan of Peggy, I won't miss her much. Apparently Kat and Alfie are coming back to run the Vic, that will be good!

I watched tonight ... and I never watch it! :D I knew it was Peggy's last episode though, and thought I had to give her a good send-off really. :notworthy: Quite emotional, as you say. :tearful: She was like the central character of the whole soap really - that's the impression I got anyway, from never watching it. :lol: It'll be interesting to see how it progresses without her - no wonder they felt they had to drag back some other old characters next week, to keep people tuned in! :lol: The state of Phil was funny, by the way. :D

Didn't see the big explosion last night, but I knew about it.

James

I think I'm the only person in England who's never ever watched a single episode of this. :whistle:

K x

You've beaten me. There's some really old episodes on YouTube that I watch just to look at household decor and the clothes people are wearing that are nostalgic in a rather strange way.

You are missing out Kathryn!

Possibly, but I can live with that. :P

I never deliberately chose not to follow it. When we came to the UK in the 80's we didn't have a TV for several years, and by the time we did, we also had a baby who needed to be entertained, bathed, fed and put to bed at the time when all the major soaps were on, so we never got to see any of them.

K x

I think I'm the only person in England who's never ever watched a single episode of this. :whistle:

'Fraid not, I haven't watched any either. Or Coronation Street, Emmerdale Farm, Brookside or Hollyoaks. I got told off at primary school for ruining the teacher's lesson by not watching Neighbours (:huh:).

For me it was choice, I just really never got the concept of watching people doing mundane things, but each to their own and I know lots of people really like soaps, so I guess I might be missing something. Maybe if I started watching the soaps I'd have less time to irritate you lot... :ph34r::whistle:

I got told off at primary school for ruining the teacher's lesson by not watching Neighbours (:huh:).

Exactly the same thing happened to L! The teacher wanted the class to analyse soap operas amd L told her she had never seen any. :lol:

K x