Sign in to follow this  
wendy28

meet & greet

Hello

My name is Wendy & I am 44 yrs old, I have a 10 yrs old son with ASD. We have finally after 7 yrs managed to get him into a special school, it's been a fight & we are still fighting for his DLA!! Will we ever have a bit of an easy time?!!

This I doubt very much!!

I am married to Andy & we have an older daughter whois nearly 13 yrs old.

If I can be of any help to anyone please send me a message - there's lots of us out there that need a shoulder at some time or other.

Best wishes

Wendy :thumbs:

hya wendy and welcome, im awaiting testing for my 14yr old son :rolleyes:

Hi Amanda

How long have you been waiting? If you need a shoulder to rant at - contact me!!

We finally got Harry into a special schl this Feb, he's went with a level 1 for reading & maths & that was it everything else was 'P' leves (working towards alevel 1) after 3.5 months his review papers said he has level 2B for reading & maths, he has 2C's in history & geography, level 1 for ICT & food tech (cooking!!)2B in RE he's done wonders.

Wishing you all the best & hope everything is all sorted very soon.

luv

wendy

xxx :thumbs:

Hi Wendy,

Will life ever be easy? Probably not - speaking as a parent of a 21 year old. :rolleyes: But you pick up a lot of experience and good companions along the way!

Welcome aboard. :) I'm sure lots of people will be interested to hear about your experiences in fighting for a special school.

K x