Sign in to follow this  
lin1223

ADOS report what to do now

Hi, just recived the Adso report with the Diagnosis of : Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Severe Oppositional Behaviour, Significant Learning difficulties, Suicidal tendencies, Asthma and Iga deficiency. this is so much to take in. were should i start in helping her. It's has been a long fight to get here. Can any give me any information , web site, books that might help. :robbie:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi lin.

That sounds like a very long heavy list to take in.

The NAS web site has lots of information and is very user friendly.

People here will also be happy to answer any questions or somebody usually has an idea of where to look for information.

However please don't feel you need to rush.Your child is the same child as yesterday just with a few different lables. >:D<<'>

Ben was diagnosed with AS about eighteen months ago.I am still learning.

Karen.

Hi, just recived the Adso report with the Diagnosis of : Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Severe Oppositional Behaviour, Significant Learning difficulties, Suicidal tendencies, Asthma and Iga deficiency. this is so much to take in. were should i start in helping her. It's has been a long fight to get here. Can any give me any information , web site, books that might help. :robbie:

All the things you list are descriptions apart from the asthma and IgA. In other words, your daughter hasn't necessarily got a long list of different conditions, but is more likely to have one underlying physiological condition that has produced to all these symptoms. As Karen says, she's the same person as she was yesterday.

I'd start by reading Olga Bogdashina's "Sensory Perceptual Issues in Autism and Asperger Syndrome" because whatever the underlying cause of autism, it's usually sensory issues that trigger problems and Olga describes them in the words of autistic people. I'd also recommend Phillip and Nancy Hall's "Educating Oppositional and Defiant Children". It's practical and very sympathetic.