Sign in to follow this  
Karen A

A very difficult time

I decided to post to let you know that I will probably take a few days away from the Forum and take a breather.

I cannot concentrate enough to post anything very useful at the momment.

Some of you may be aware that a year 7 girl at an East London school fell through a stairwell on Wedensday afternoon.It has been reported widely in the London press.She sustained a severe head injury in the incident which was shocking for pupils and staff.

The girl is a pupil at the boys school and is still very ill at Great Ormond Street Hospital.Further details have now been released to say school were not to blame.

It is an extremely difficult time for the family and for all of the school community at the boys school.

We decided to keep Ben at home today because he has found the last few days very difficult.

We hope to try to get him back to school next Monday but will see how things are over the weekend.

My thoughts are with the family.The many pupils impacted by this very upsetting event and the staff . :tearful::tearful::tearful:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11553839

Karen.

Edited by Karen A

It's always a good idea to step back for a while when things are so stressful. Take care of yourself as well as the ones you love.

I've just learnt that a very good friend of mine has passed away quite unexpectedly today, after a period of being a little unwell. Sad times all round.

Take care of yourself and your boys Karen. Things like this can really touch you, even if it is not someone you know well.

Very sorry to hear about your friend Jaded.

Saw this story in the paper, Karen.

Take care of yourselves - thoughts and prayers with the girl and her family and all of you who've been touched by this.

Jaded, sorry to hear about your friend.

>:D<<'> :pray:

K x

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gCZ56ztX6afjVYEs9s0ycjKEUDkQ?docId=B19607741287756798A00

I thought I would update on this thread.

The girl from year 7 at the boys school died in Great Ormond Street hospital on Thursday.

It is a desperately sad situation for the family.

It is also a very sad and difficult time for the members of staff and pupils at the school.

I am going to step back from the Forum for a few days as I need a breather.

Karen.