Sign in to follow this  
baddad

porple potatoes!

Something different for halloween -

purple potatoes!

Found 'em in sainsbury's today on offer at 1.50 a bag, marketed by bartletts who do 'roosters'...

they're a variety called 'purple majesty' and though they've only been on't market for a couple of years they're not GM or anything, just a product of careful cross fertilisation (well that's what the blurb says!)

We bunged a small one in the microwave to try baked and very nice too... a nice 'chestnutty' flavour going on in the background. Having some as wedges tonight, so will see how that works, but something a bit different for halloween without messing with colourings or anything. They're high in 'oxyaccidents too' which can't be bad. Purple mash has gott be fun too... we're gonna have some porple, some orange (sweet potato or butternut) and then some yellow polenta next time we get the masher out!

L&P

BD :D

Edited by baddad

I've seen 'em - never tried 'em. I think all veg which is a red colour is supposed to be particularly good for you.

I was sitting at my desk, eating a blackberry yoghurt as you do. I was bored, so looked at the ingredients. It wasn't just a yoghurt, it was an M&S yoghurt, so I thought it would have good stuff in it. I was intrigued to read that "black carrots" was listed as one of the natural colourings.

The only black carrots I'd ever seen were the forgotten ones which moulder at the back of my fridge so I googled them - yes I was really bored!!

Good thing I did, or I would never have been introduced to the wonders of the World Carrot Museum. Look at all the wonderful colours carrots come in. :thumbs:

:D

K x

Edited by Kathryn

I think all veg which is a red colour is supposed to be particularly good for you.

Does that include strawberry laces? :eat1:

Good thing I did, or I would never have been introduced to the wonders of the World Carrot Museum. Look at all the wonderful colours carrots come in. :thumbs:

10,000 posts and still time to explore the online carrot museum. :unsure: Wow, if only to have harnessed time as you so clearly have! :P:ph34r: