baddad

Mmmmmmmmmmmm... Muffins.....

Every year we scoop the crud out of out pumpkin and throw it away, so made an executive decision this year and made some muffins.

Found a recipe online, and knocked up as per below but using Doves Farm S/R flour and just a bit of baking powder 'just in case'.

We got 24 'cup cake' size muffins from HALF the quantity below:

Pumpkin Muffins

Makes 30

Ingredients:

1 ½ lbs / 750g / 3 cups sugar

1/2pt / 250ml / 1 cup cooking oil

4 eggs

1 ½ tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

2/3 cup water

1 lb /500g / 2 cups cooked pumpkin

14 oz /400g / 3 ½ cups plain flour

½ tsp ground ginger

½ tsp ground cloves

2 tsp baking soda

1 ½ tsp vanilla essence

1 lb / 500g / 2 cups chopped walnuts

• Pre heat oven to gas mark 4/ 350f/ 180c.

• In a large mixing bowl combine the sugar, oil, eggs, salt, cinnamon, water and pumpkin until well blended.

• Add remaining ingredients and blend well so that batter is mixed thoroughly.

• Pour in to muffin tins or muffin cases

• Bake for 15 - 20 mins

--------------

I used five spice instead of the cloves, cos I didn't have any ground cloves and couldn't be bothered grinding whole ones.

I was also low on veg oil so mixed veg oil with some olive oil and hemp oil.

I've just realised I forgot the vanilla, but I don't think they need it anyway!

Oh - to get the pumpkin puree (you can use butternut squash too - I went half and half and froze the rest for another day) just cut the flesh into cubes, bung on a baking tray and cover with foil and bake in the oven for about an hour on Gas 4 - 5 or whatever. You don't need to bother peeling butternut, and pumpkin if you're using the 'scoopings' won't have any skin anyway. Drain, and blitz in blender or mash and beat until smooth puree...

Seriously tasty - a bit like a spiced carrot cake. I'm thinking of trying to make a new wave xmas pud with the frozen half.

Happy Halloweenzes.

L&P

BD :D

nice idea!

Every year we scoop the crud out of out pumpkin and throw it away, so made an executive decision this year and made some muffins.

Found a recipe online, and knocked up as per below but using Doves Farm S/R flour and just a bit of baking powder 'just in case'.

We got 24 'cup cake' size muffins from HALF the quantity below:

Pumpkin Muffins

Makes 30

Ingredients:

1 ½ lbs / 750g / 3 cups sugar

1/2pt / 250ml / 1 cup cooking oil

4 eggs

1 ½ tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

2/3 cup water

1 lb /500g / 2 cups cooked pumpkin

14 oz /400g / 3 ½ cups plain flour

½ tsp ground ginger

½ tsp ground cloves

2 tsp baking soda

1 ½ tsp vanilla essence

1 lb / 500g / 2 cups chopped walnuts

• Pre heat oven to gas mark 4/ 350f/ 180c.

• In a large mixing bowl combine the sugar, oil, eggs, salt, cinnamon, water and pumpkin until well blended.

• Add remaining ingredients and blend well so that batter is mixed thoroughly.

• Pour in to muffin tins or muffin cases

• Bake for 15 - 20 mins

--------------

I used five spice instead of the cloves, cos I didn't have any ground cloves and couldn't be bothered grinding whole ones.

I was also low on veg oil so mixed veg oil with some olive oil and hemp oil.

I've just realised I forgot the vanilla, but I don't think they need it anyway!

Oh - to get the pumpkin puree (you can use butternut squash too - I went half and half and froze the rest for another day) just cut the flesh into cubes, bung on a baking tray and cover with foil and bake in the oven for about an hour on Gas 4 - 5 or whatever. You don't need to bother peeling butternut, and pumpkin if you're using the 'scoopings' won't have any skin anyway. Drain, and blitz in blender or mash and beat until smooth puree...

Seriously tasty - a bit like a spiced carrot cake. I'm thinking of trying to make a new wave xmas pud with the frozen half.

Happy Halloweenzes.

L&P

Hi, Thanks for the recipe might try it i have in the past planted the seeds and grew some butternut squash ....its a massive plant.....linsy

Hi, Thanks for the recipe might try it I have in the past planted the seeds and grew some butternut squash ....its a massive plant.....linsy

You can dry roast the seeds in a frying pan and eat 'em!

My son likes them with a bit of seasoning, but I can't be bothered, because by the time you've spat the husk back out there's very little kernal. Well done with the butternut plant, though - you must have orange fingers! I can't even grow mustard and cress successfully :(

L&P