Sign in to follow this  
Tally

I've acutally organised something!!!

I am feeling very proud of myself for organising a day out :)

My brother and I are meeting our cousins in London next Sunday. I have arranged a place, a time, and a plan :)

I've decided that now we are all adults it's important for us to develop some ties with each other, separate from our parents.

We had a nice day out, wandering around Hyde Park and then the Natural History Museum. My cousin took a photo of herself with the Darwin statue to show her A Level RE students :lol: It was nice to catch up and we all agreed we must do it again.

If we do it regularly, we won't have to worry so much about everyone being able to make it as it wouldn't spoil it if one of us could not make it.

On my way home, 3 trains from Victoria to Clapham junction had been cancelled and so it was a bit of a bundle getting on the train that finally was going there, but I managed to wedge myself on. And then the driver stopped short of the platform and then drove off with a train full of very angry people. Fortunately he did let us off at the next station and the station staff looked a bit confused when hundreds of people got off at a little station and promptly started asking the time of the next train back where we had come from! I was very relieved to get off because after that it was skipping a lot of stops and would have taken several hours to get home. Although I did find a man in the ladies toilet :lol:

I thought of you this afternoon.

We went to the barrier park.Glorious sunshine and fantastic light .Just before we left a double rainbow from the Thames barrier across the park towards London city airport. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Karen.

Is the barrier park any good for younger kids?

I'm thinking of taking my younger cousins out for the day - the younger sisters of the one who has been to stay for a couple of weekends (not both of them at the same time though). They are 8 and 6.

Is the barrier park any good for younger kids?

I'm thinking of taking my younger cousins out for the day - the younger sisters of the one who has been to stay for a couple of weekends (not both of them at the same time though). They are 8 and 6.

Yes it is excellent.Lots of space.Nice cafe.Toilets that are reasonable.Very good playground and a free basketball court. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

My husband and myself were just talking yesterday about all the good times we had when the boys were younger. :wub::wub:

We even went one bitterly cold boxing day when we were desperate to escape the house. :lol:

Karen.