Sign in to follow this  
Beth_

Frustrated with doctors already!

I went to see a doctor on Tuesday about being referred to see someone about a possible diagnosis. The doctor seemed to take me seriously and said he would phone me by the end of the week and leave a message about what the plan of action would be (I can't cope with talking on phones). He said he didn't know exactly who to refer me to or what the process was and that he needed to look into it. I've far more respect for a doctor who admits they don't know something rather than try and fob me off with the wrong thing so I'm glad he wants to put thought into it.

He didn't phone me though. I spent all of Friday expecting my phone to ring and it didn't, making me more and more anxious. I know doctors are very busy and the NHS has limited resources but I do wish he had phoned. I need to know what is going on and where I stand. Not knowing is the worst!

That's very annoying.

Maybe it's taken him a bit longer to find anything out and thought he would not ring you with no news, but wait until there was something to tell you. Sometimes people don't realise that you would have been waiting for the call.

Maybe if you haven't heard anything by next Friday you could drop a note in to ask him to ring you with an update. If he has forgotten, then it will remind him as well.

Still no call :(

I wish people wouldn't say they would do something and then not do it. I should be used to it now, especially with doctors but it still frustrates me every time.

I'm trying to write a letter to him to make sure he's not forgotten me.

He's phoned!

He left a message saying there is an Adult Asperger Diagnostic Service in Bristol and he has referred me :)

I'm not sure how long I'll have to wait but atleast it's a start.

Could you not give the Aspergers Syndrome centre in Bristol a ring to ask how long a referral takes?

I would ring Aspergers Syndrome centre in Bristol to see if there is any support in your area for people going throw assessments.

I wish you the very best with your referral.

JsMumx

He's phoned!

He left a message saying there is an Adult Asperger Diagnostic Service in Bristol and he has referred me :)

I'm not sure how long I'll have to wait but atleast it's a start.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Karen.

I emailed the NAS who gave me an email address for someone local. They've just got back to me with details about the place that does it all so I can get in touch.

When I go to my parents at Christmas I'm going to get my old school reports and other stuff my mum had kept as I expect they'd be good information about how I was as a kid.

I've not heard when my appointment is yet but the NAS said the wait there is quite long as they've got a backlog of people to diagnose.