Sign in to follow this  
BusyLizzie100

Final paperwork for review

We've had the Annual Review meeting for DS1. At the meeting we requested a change of placement.

I have now recieved a draft copy of the school's report following the meeting, and have emailed back with details of where I feel the report is misrepresentative of the meeting, and copied it to the other professionals who attended the meeting. We await the outcome.

Because we are seeking a change of placement and amendments to Part 3, we were told that once we have the school's report we should answer it and put our requests formally in writing, and produce a Working Document of what amendments we want to Part 3.

My concern now is, once the Senco has sent out her final copy of the Review report, how long have I got to send in my own report? I know there's no legal deadline for the LA to complete the Review, and my experience in the past has been that it can take weeks if not months (am still waiting for my second son's Review from the meeting in July!!!)

It'd be just my luck that the LA decides to review the paperwork doublequick before I get a chance to get my in!!

I'm also waiting for a medical report - we have requested counselling for DS1 but were told at the meeting to get medical evidence or the LA won't fund it.

How long am I reasonably allowed???

Lizzie x