bid

Another update...this time 'Auriel'

There are only a few people now who will remember my son 'Auriel' who used to post here many years ago when he was 14 or so.

Just wanted to update those peeps: I think I've mentioned that he's 21 now and moved out into his own little studio flat this summer, in another city down in the west country. He organised a job transfer with the egalitarian supermarket, becaue he wanted to live near mates from his special school/college, including the infamous 'Gilbo'!! He's managing independent living really well, and seems to be out and about with his mates too.

Well, we've just heard that he's been promoted to store supervisor in charge of the night shifts at the area flagship store :thumbs::notworthy::wub:

None of this would have happened if it hadn't been for the general kindness and support I received from this forum when we were at crisis point, and the specific help, advice and friendship from Nellie and Helen who helped me get him a Statement and a residential special school when he was 15 after a breakdown and 6 months out of school >:D<<'> :notworthy:

Bid :D

Edited by bid

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::party::party:

Really pleased for him (and you!) what an achievement.X

Go Auriel!!!

Fantastic news. :):dance: Parents must take some credit too! :notworthy:

Had loads of help and support from those two wonderful ladies myself, and of course, your good self. :D

(Hope Gilbo's doing OK too)

K x