Natterer

hello! I'm new!

Hello,

Just a quick note to introduce myself. Today I was told by CAMHS that following our initial appointment and a school observation, they agree with me that my daughter has some sort of ASD, probably Aspergers. We're being referred to a 'social enterprise' who are retained by the PCT to assess cases like this for further assessment and most likely a formal diagnosis.

In one way i'm pleased that I haven't just been making a fuss for years about my daughter's social difficulties because I'm a neurotic mum (like the GP thinks!)... but I guess in another way I'm wistful that they didn't just say that investigations show she's actually a bit short of vitamin C and if we give her some of that, her problems will just fade away *smile*.

I am hoping that diagnosis will lead to us to services that will enhance her life. Am I bonkers?!

Natterer x

Hi, Im new too!

My 9 year old son was diagnosed last friday as having ASD (probably not Aspergers) by the Psychologist and Psychiatrist at the CAMHT unit. I was told there would be 5-6 assessments with different professionals but in actual fact, it took 90 mins with these 2, then they left the room to have a chat and came back saying they were both in agreement that he did have ASD.

So i'm waiting for the written diagnosis.

My brain is spinning hence the fact im posting at almost midnight - havent slept much since friday.

Hope to get to know you

I am hoping that diagnosis will lead to us to services that will enhance her life. Am I bonkers?!

Well many of us live with that hope, so we're all bonkers, probably! Welcome to the forum, Natterer. :)

And you too, smartloobylou! :)

K x

ah thanks for the hellos! I've been trying to talk to my little girl about this to explain why we keep seeing these Drs (she hates them!) I've ordered that "all cats have asperger's" book from Amazon - she loves animals so think that's probably a good starting point :)

Today she did her entire ballet class with her wrist inside her leotard so that no one could see the scratch the cat left there the other day, as that would make them pick on her (sometimes I want to scream at her funny little ways and sometimes I can't help but laugh). Obviously having a small but visible scratch would be weirder than doing ballet with your hand inside your leotard, lol! I wish I could understand her better!