Sign in to follow this  
tomandben

POLLY TOMMEY PRESENTATION

Not been here for ages but just to let you know SPACE over here in Cheshire have invited Polly Tommey to come and do a presentation which she gave to the European Parliament along with Dr Wakefield and Paul Shattock. If you would like more information please see www.space4autism.com

I hope she's going to keep her clothes on!

Actually, I'd rather she took her clothes off and her mouth shut! Not because I'd have any particular desire to see her in the nip, but just because that would be infinitely preferable to hearing her self promotion of her awful magazine and her husbands little autism-related money spinner business.

L&P

BD

Actually, I'd rather she took her clothes off and her mouth shut! Not because I'd have any particular desire to see her in the nip, but just because that would be infinitely preferable to hearing her self promotion of her awful magazine and her husbands little autism-related money spinner business.

L&P

BD

:thumbs:

Bid :lol:

I found a video of her presentation to the European parliament but I couldn't get it to play properly. Now it's disappeared. Anyone know if/where I can find it?

cb

and I thought you were all a friendly bunch?? SPACE has had other speakers over the past 5 years including Ros Blackburn, Wendy Lawson and Josh Muggleton, but just thought that the people who are interested in the more controversial sides of things would like to hear Polly speak. After all we are supposed to have freedom of speech and I personally think that there are many people out there who are too frightened to say anything about vaccination etc... incase they get shunned or made to feel unwelcome on a forum or group site.

Hi Tomandben,

Over the years we have had many threads on this forum about the vaccination question, where every sort of view has been expressed in a perfectly friendly manner.

People are equally free to express their views on women getting their assets out for autism, too...

Bid :)

Edited by bid

Hi tomandben -

I think the difference is that you see Polly Tommey as someone wanting to bring attention to autism. I see Polly Tommey as someone using autism to bring attention to Polly Tommey, and the nice little businesses she and her hubby have created for themselves off the back of autism. I'm not expressing that 'aggressively' or being unfriendly - I just think that her magazine and some of the bedfellows she and her husband choose to snuggle up with (like DAN etc) do far more harm than good. Me saying that is me expressing my freedom of speech, but you seem to see freedom of speech as a one way street where Ms tommey is free to voice her views, but anyone voicing a contrary opinion is somehow being unreasonable(?) I'm really sorry, but I don't see someone getting their baps out as 'brave', particularly when they've tried making a career out of it and failed in previous incarnations (I don't know enough to say for certain in this partcicular instance, but generally speaking a 'body double' in movies usually equates to 'failed actor' - See Tribiana, J. 'Friends'). Lots of women make a good, honest living stripping to their underwear or possibly even further. All well and good to them; but lets not label them 'heroic', eh? Believe me, it is not her stance on immunisation that offends me about her, or her wunderbra ads - it's just pretty much everything else!

hope that clarifies

L&P

BD

Yes I don't think it's Polly Tommey's views that have caused consternation, so much as her strategies, so to speak.

cb

Hi Tomandben,

Over the years we have had many threads on this forum about the vaccination question, where every sort of view has been expressed in a perfectly friendly manner.

People are equally free to express their views on women getting their assets out for autism, too...

Bid :)

Unfortunately my assets are rather deflated. :whistle:

Now there's an inclusive fundraising idea!

cb

Perhaps there should be a counter-campaign called 'funbags for freedom' where all sorts of mum's get theirs out in a group photo, ranging from nice, little perky ones to big old Dolly Parton ones, saggy ones, floppy ones, barber's razor strop ones etc etc...

The slogan underneath could read 'Biodiversity - what nature intended' or somesuch...

Now I'd probably buy a t-shirt for that...

L&P

BD :D