loulou

I've been away for a LONG time!

Hi everyone,

I have been away from the forum for so long. Time really flies.

I just don't seem to get time anymore, but now i've made a conscious descision to MAKE time!

My son Kai (AS/ADHD) is now 12. He's been at his residential school for nearly 2 years now. Things have been pretty tough, but i think most of that is due to his age (dreaded hormones!). I always remember back to posts I have read about teenage AS boys, so i have some insight :rolleyes: .

He is pretty aggressive and defiant at the moment and is trying very hard to control every aspect of his life (and everyone else's).

Some of the things he has done at school have really shocked me, but the school say they have seen it all before and feel confident things will get better :pray: .

My other little ones are now nearly 2 and 4. The 3 year old has been quite badly affected by Kai's behaviour (Kai has been awful to him), so i'm looking for ways to help him cope with that. I'm not sure where to look for help for siblings of ASD children?

I am still struggling with my depression and i also have OCD (which i had before but managed to keep it under control). I have subsequently been dismissed from my job on ill-health grounds, so now i have no job :crying: . There is no way i could work at the moment anyway, so i'm going to try to concentrate on my children. Stuff the NHS!!!

I hope everyone is well. I am going to try to catch up and read as many posts as i can.

Take care,

Loulou xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Loulou! :thumbs:>:D<<'>

Can't believe your baby is nearly 2 already. I've wondered how Kai is doing at school.

Sorry to hear life is still a bit of a struggle: you've had a heck of a lot to deal with in the last few years.

You've got a fair amount to catch up on: happy reading!

K x

Hello stranger,

Lovely to hear from you, sorry you are having such a tough time at the moment.

I cant believe your baby is almost 3! Hopefully things will improve for your little ones.

Take care and lovely to hear from you.

love

Loraine xx

Hi Loulou I too have been away for such a very long time. Glad to hear that Kai is still in his present school and that they are coping, do drop me a line if you have time I have so much to ask you and to update you on and it would b great to hear from you again, in the meantime take care x

Hi Loulou, nice to see you.

Young Carers may be a good source of support for your two younger ones when they are a bit older. It may still be worth contacting them now, since they may know of other sources of support for younger children.

Just want to point out this thread is nearly a year old - I don't know if Loulou has been around for a while.

She might respond to a pm because she seems to keep popping back in occasionally.

K x

There she is - just hiding behind the bushes. :lol:

Good to see you Loulou and hope things are going OK with you all. >:D<<'>

K x