Sign in to follow this  
Tally

Nerves!!!

I've finished my training and I start my new job on Saturday night. I'm more nervous than I've ever been before about starting a new job! I don't know why. I keep feeling like I'm going to get up in the morning and go to work in the dry cleaners. I can't "picture" myself doing this new job like I've always been able to in the past.

I had a tour of the warehouse today. It's a really old building with extra little bits added on over the years. It's an absolute maze. I don't know if I will ever find my way around.

I have fixed hours, but they are all messed up already because I am working an extra day this week and then they're different because of Christmas and new year, so I don't even know when I will start doing my regular hours. My uniform is really ugly and scratchy and the trousers are way too long and the sleeves are too short.

I do feel for you, Tally, it is very stressful, isn't it. If it's any consolation, I've been a jittering, agitated wreck since I heard I'd got a job last week. I haven't got a start date yet, but I'm in a terrible state!

Very best of luck for Saturday, hope that once you've got the first day out of the way it will feel a lot better. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Best of luck! >:D<<'>

Oxgirl is right, it will feel better once you've started and some of those "unknowns" are out of the way.

K x

the trousers are way too long and the sleeves are too short.

Just cut the bottoms off the trousers and sew them onto the ends of your sleeves - job done! :lol:

Just cut the bottoms off the trousers and sew them onto the ends of your sleeves - job done! :lol:

Great plan. Won't look weird at all :lol: