jonathan

OCD in aspergers Syndrome

Hi My son is 11 years old he was diagnosed with aspergers syndrome at the age of 5yrs he was fine until two years ago he showed signs of OCD he rapidly declined and became very depressed CAMHS put him on Sertaline 50mg which gradually went up to 200mg a day it worked for about six months now the OCD is back he has self harmed and puts holes in all the carpets with with his teeth he struggles at mainstream school but isnt bad enough to get a unit place the school do their best to help keep his anxiety down placing him in small groups and he has a teaching assistant it had got to the point that camhs have said he need to go to Alder Hay for six weeks we went to have a look round but my son was terrified they had a padded room and the children in their already was subdued I just want to help him but I dont know how has anyone got any suggestions ? we keep a good routine going but nothing seems to help him thanks

because they say they cant do anything more for him alder hay have more experience theyve tried ssri and cbt he doesnt sleep well and is on melatonin is ocd is that bad he cant concentrate in school he hates cotton and makes holes in everything all over the house when we stop him he becomes aggressive because hes that stressed had social care to help us but they change support workers over and over again had 6 in 5 months :(