bid

Prom Dress Time!!

Can't believe it's come round so quickly!! DD #1 has her prom in June :wub:

I thought we were in for a bit of a trauma, as it took her 6 months to find a school bag she liked :o

...but after one foray into a proper prom dress shop :ph34r: we have found The Dress, in a sale at the shop that is very rainy!! ;):lol:

It's absolutely gorgeous...a grecian style with an Art Deco twist in purple silk crepe,with silver embroidery and little fluted straps that cross over low at the back :dance:

And best of all, it was £180 reduced to £54!! :D

Just got to get little strappy silver sandals and a teeny clutch...

Anyone else all excited about Prom? :clap:

Bid :)

Edited by bid

Awesome; that sounds lovely. I love the very rainy shop dresses (yep even Mumble 'I don't do dresses' likes them! :o) and what a bargain!!! :thumbs:

I'm going to a very special event (can't say much more... :ph34r::lol:) in less than 2 months now and need to go pretty dress shopping; ooh, you've got me excited about dresses again :D

Just got to get little strappy silver sandals and a teeny clutch...

'Just'. Good luck. :unsure::lol: :lol:

Prom dress? When did 'proms' jump the water?! About the same time as Trick or Treatin', I guess :rolleyes:

Knowing very little about dresses, rainy or otherwise, I'll refrain from comment other than to say I'm sure she'll look stunning and that I hope she has a fantastic time. :thumbs::thumbs:

And if she happens to meet anyone called Marty who plays guitar like a cross between Chuck Berry and Eddie Van Halen, tell her to listen very VERY carefully to any dating advice he might have to offer... :lol:

L&P

BD

:thumbs::thumbs:

Will you be able to wear it as well when she's finished with it? That's what daughters are for. :D

K x

Sadly my days of being able to slip into a wisp of size 8 silk are long gone!! ;):lol:

It's even a wee bit big on her...but she's got 3 more months before she's 16 so that covers any last minute growth spurt, and if she doesn't it will be easy to alter...

Bid (sucking it all in!! :ph34r: ) :D

Just got back from the dressmaker's...fascinating, lovely woman who worked for Hardy Amies in her youth!

She has worked wonders with some very clever ideas, to make B's dress fit her perfectly :thumbs:

Shoes and bag already bought (fab shoes: purple satin, ankle-strap with garjuss floppy bow on the back!)...just got to worry about hair now :ph34r::blink:

Hope anyone else with daughters in year 11 are enjoying Prom time too!

Bid :D

Edited by bid

Just got back from the dressmaker's...fascinating, lovely woman who worked for Hardie Amies in her youth!

Bid :D

You sure that wasn't Freeman Hardy & Willis? :lol:

Don' tell B I said that... :ph34r: Please :pray:

at the shop that is very rainy!!

Hi bid

Give me a clue..... Oh, maybe that is a clue ?! :unsure:

Hi bid

Give me a clue..... Oh, maybe that is a clue ?! :unsure:

Even I got that one - and I've never bought a dress in me life (HONEST, Guvna!)

here's a clue:

(You need to find the original version from 1982)

:D

BD...is the clue in the music or the clothes she's wearing?? :unsure:

Bid :wacko:

Oh dear! :rolleyes:

The clue was that the link is a jakatta cover version of a 1982 single by the band:

Game Over! :lol:

Has she got a prom date, btw? And is it a proper date or is it her friend Duckie Dale. Just so long as it's not Tommy Ross... if it is, tell her to proceed with caution... :whistle:

Has she got a prom date, btw? And is it a proper date or is it her friend Duckie Dale. Just so long as it's not Tommy Ross... if it is, tell her to proceed with caution... :whistle:

No, they very sensibly go in groups of friends all together in a limo ( :shame: ), so no angst about being dateless...

...but they do have a Prom King and Queen!! :o:ph34r:

Edited by bid

No, they very sensibly go in groups of friends all together in a limo ( :shame: ), so no angst about being dateless...

...but they do have a Prom King and Queen!! :o:ph34r:

That sounds much better than the good ol' American version, which puts soooooooooooo much emphasis on the 'Miss Congeniality' popularity stakes part of it all that it becomes more a case of institutionalised bullying. Not that B would have any prob there, of course, I'm sure she'd have spotty little Herberts (and Henrys) queuing round the block to get their names on her dance card!

Hope she has a lovely time, whether crowned and on a pedestal or boppin' about with the groundlings and mudlarks! :thumbs:

Edited by baddad

Not that B would have any prob there, of course, I'm sure she'd have spotty little Herberts (and Henrys) queuing round the block to get their names on her dance card!

What's B's secret? When I was a teenager I would have counted myself lucky to have been part of a limo-share group of friends, let alone attracted someone of the opposite sex. Plus ça change.