pola y dobie

Sexuality and AS

:robbie: Hopping all over the place trying to find information and resources to help an NT friend of mine with her AS partner. So what better place to come to for advice and information.

My NT friends situation is such : she is in a permanent relationship with her AS partner. However, he has stated that he has visited various 'adult-based' websites, and as such has had encounters. Of course, this has had a devastating effect on her relationship ( numerous calls to me for help and support). With support, she has allowed her AS partner back into the family home ( two children in relationship). But she is concerned with the issues of re-allowing trust. She has banned her AS partner from the internet, but had found messages on the mobile phone. I have forwarded her the loan of my resources on AS/NT relationships, but she still has a concern that it will happen again?

Commitment between any partner is difficult. You only have to read the papers, to find cheating and infidelity!! The upset, despair, paranoia that infidelity can cause in any relationship can prove difficult. I know some RELATE counsellors are trained in dealing with AS/NT relationships. The research into this crisis in a relationship is very limited!!

I meet my friend this week to help her through this turmoil. Any advice or suggestions would be kindly welcomed.

:notworthy:

Thank you my on line friends and I look forward to hearing from you.....

POLA xx