pola y dobie

What is needed for a person with AS?

:wallbash:

Just asking all out there, if anyone has a social worker, community mental health nurse/ and/or learning disability nurse, counsellor, advocate etc... Basically I'm looking at what support a person with AS needs living within the community.

:wacko: I know AS's will be asking why an NT is asking this? Being a forward planner ( looking ahead instead of backwards), I need to know if anyone has received sufficient support etc from the 'caring agencies'.

At present we are awaiting a social worker for Dobie, ( without it we cant access a routes to work course specifically for ASC persons). Also for support ( a few behavioural issues). Our GP has kindly sent referrals to the CMHT for support ( self-harming, depression, counselling, etc).

Also benefits, as Dobie can't claim anything!! He's enrolled at our Job centre but not liable for benefits because I work over the stated hours. Re-applying for DLA ( may get middle rate for personal care).

Also forward planning, ensuring that Dobie has the right to stay within our home ( he does need a lot of support re social skills and in activities of daily living, he could never manage to live independently without some social support).

:notworthy: Look forward to hearing from others out there that can offer advice etc.

Thanks again for reading my genuine article. POLA xx