Sign in to follow this  
DaisyFulkirk

Daisy

Hello!

My name isn't Daisy but for the purposes of this forum it is.

I am an autistic adult with a severe physical impairment. This is a very complicated thing to be.

I used to use these forums a very long time ago but then things went badly wrong with my physical health, and I was in hospital and then in residential care for a long long time. It was horrific and I would do anything to stop any other human being from experiencing what I lived through. I think that people who work in residential care are very often abusive bullies and people who actually have respect for other people and who actually care about the people they are supporting are a very very tiny minority of staff in that sort of place.

Now I am home again but a lot more severely impaired and having a lot more support. On the plus side this means that I know a lot more about support for people who need lots and lots of support from another person.

I think I might know some forum members on Facebook. I have made a choice to keep my interactions here and there completely separate from each other, if you know me (or think you know me) from somewhere else please respect my choice and call me Daisy not any other name. You can always say hello by email instead if you want to!

It is nice to meet you or to see you again, depending.

‘Daisy’

Hi Daisy.

Good to see you again - I remember your posts. :thumbs: Sorry to hear life hasn't treated you well recently. Hope things are improving and you're getting the right support now.

What are you studying?

K x