Sign in to follow this  
sesley

underneath the autism is a mischief

my 11 year old person with ASD is funny. My eldest son is off with a very sore throat,so taking 11 year old to school yesturday,he says,feel my head,so i did, what does it feel? I said warm,so he says its very hot i might throw up :sick::lol: so i said but then it might not go on to school with you :wub: At end of school.did you throw up? no he says :D I know he as angling for sickie and last night i say good night at 9pm and going to bed myself,at 11pm i hear giggling from his room, :whistle: he's playing his ds lite came bomberman under the covers. :shame: Its the giggling that gave the game away. This morning he's looking tired at breakfast, your tired aren't you? Yes he says.whose fault is that? mine he says.Sometimes you have to have a laugh too and appreciate that they are children pushing the boundarys.Its nice seeing the mischief in his traits.

Edited by sesley

This is a personal opinion, which a lot of people might disagree with, but I say part of me is 37 and the other part is 12. That's my lazy description of Asperger's.

So even at 37 I've got that touch of 12yr old mischief. Recently, purely out of boredom, I worked out how to get a restraining order against Santa. Would have worked, but I didn't do it - sometimes the grown-up me kicks in and ruins my Brilliant Ideas. Besides - my support worker threatened to hurt me..lol

So yes - enjoy the fun bits :D And never encourage your child's Brilliant Ideas, or you might end up as a witness for the prosecution against Santa..lol