The Lone Ranger

Me and life, currently

Morning everyone,

I felt need to seek some help, as I am having a hard time currently.

I'm male and in my later 20's. I was diagnosed with Aspergers in 2009.

There is one great problem I have, being alone for long periods. I live at home with my Father.

My parents divorced in 1999 and I have lived here ever since. I do see my mother as she lives a short way away.

I have one brother, but I never really see him, as he seems to take his 2nd Girlfriends side, when I was asking his 14 year old daughter to come

to a small celebration of my birthday two years ago, and his GF butted in and said " no she's not coming' and I said 'But surely she is old enough to make her own mind up, and I was really asking her father" ( this girl is not my Niece's mother)

So my brother and I didn't talk for 2 years, and I only see him on family occasions, as I know his GF is controlling, and whenever I have asked to see him, he has declined, but he's perfectly nice to me when we are at my fathers house for my fathers birthday, as he GF does not ever come. I don't think she likes the truth told to her or to be challenged.

My Mum is away in two days time on Holiday too, so I really don't have any family that I can turn to, go and see etc.

As with everyone I like my own time and space, but there are times when I am left alone for days, like this week,

I am here at home until next Sunday, as my Father retired at the start of the month has gone away for the week with his partner.

I have this great feeling of lowness, depression and anxiety, thinking what to do, what am I to do for the next 6 days? I will be here in the house.

I don't go out by myself, I always go with my Father or one of the two friends I have. They are working all week.

I just don't know what to do, I just keep thinking about the days ahead, what do I do, how will I cope.

My mobile bill will be huge as I call the Samaritans often, just to talk to someone, to sound off, for someone to listen. I cant bring myself to tell my parents, well I could write them a letter, but my father just blows up in smoke, as says that I am ruing this life, as he cannot go anywhere and leave me. ( But his partners Daughter has a son of 15 who has Aspergers, and they never leave him at all, I don't get on with him, as he's a spoilt child, as his mother buys him all and everything to keep him quiet)

Can anyone understand ? I find that a lot of people I have tried to tell this too think I am 'Weird' - but I cannot help how I am feeling.

Sorry for the long post, but I have never been able to find anywhere where I can write my feelings, in the hope that others my relate, understand or maybe able to help.

Edited by The Lone Ranger

are you saying that when this time happens and you wont have anyone to talk to you feel down, hence the need to ring samaritans to talk about your feelings? it isnt weird at all to want to talk to someone, especially when you feel down. If it gets really bad sometimes the only thing that does help or stop people doing silly things to themselves IS talking about it to a friendly voice. Does your father not understand a lot of the things you do? It can be difficult for parents to accept their children as different