Sign in to follow this  
Sally44

Legal Help

Does anyone know when this is being phased out?

different dates for different things. some has already gone.

No. Will check but I think the consultation has only just finished so nothing will happen straight away. Legal aid Contracts have to run to the end so can't just be terminated without notice. I think the status quo will continue till November at least- possibly beyond .

K x

yep - it' still around atm. they canx'd about half of all CLS contracts at the last sift, so it is harder to find a solicitor who still has a contract now - but they do still exist.

Criteria is still both on income and merits of the case (so if the slicitor thinks you aven't a hope of winning, he can't take the case on LH and get paid anyway!)

Thanks.

Does anyone know what the threshold is for actually getting legal help?

We have a very low income, but when we've been assessed before they always refuse us because apparently we have too much money left once all the bills are taken out. But I have got some money on 0% deals on credit cards, and if I paid those credit cards with a personal loan, the loan would be included in the calculations, and i'm sure then that we would get legal help. Anyone know what the formula is?