Sign in to follow this  
Calum

Looking to pick the brains of an Aspergers teenager/young adult

Afternoon all,

I have a ten year old son with Aspergers who came home in a right state the other day regarding puberty, it's being discussed at school.

So, just looking to get insight into how puberty is perceived from someone who has Aspergers but can explain their perception of it and how it affected them? Alexander has issues trying to explain how he feels but I'd like to try and understand what's going on in there!

Cheers,

Calum

I know my lad was very fearful of all the changes that would occur and he didn't want it to happen, didn't want to grow up at all. He used to always get very upset at birthdays because he wanted to stay a little boy and didn't want to be older. The thing is, though, that the changes happen so gradually that it's not as bad as they think it's going to be. Sometimes hearing all about what is going to happen and reading about it is worse than actually going through it. My lad is nearly 18 now and is fine with it all, so try not to worry too much.

~ Mel ~