Sign in to follow this  
Lyndalou

Withdrawal

I am so wishing I didn't have to go anywhere or see anyone right now. It would be so much easier. Not only do I have to keep on pretending to hubby that I'm better than I really am, I've now got to the stage that everyone outside the front door knows that I'm avoiding them. I always used to quote the 'You're not actually paranoid if everyone IS speaking about you' and it's back now with a vengeance to bite me in the bum. It's the only way I can cope now but now I'm not just the neighbour who lost the plot through someone's letterbox last year (and that one got about pretty quick), I'm now the (normally chatty) neighbour who's gone all quiet and weird. It's even pretty ###### obvious that no-one's taking me on when I drop my son off for playgroup now. Oh God, I hate small towns. Just wish I was single again in a big city so that I can just be weird without anyone noticing. So had enough.

I think you've got that quote wrong...

It should be 'just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you'

(or somesuch). A small but important distinction.

people do gossip, people do hold grudges and people sometimes are nasty/judgemental/condescending just for the sake of it - especially when they get together in a group.

When I was little mum's used to congregate on the street and have 'chats'. They'd be there all afternoon. It took me a while to realise why - no-one wanted to be the first to walk away because they knew that they would be the one the rest started talking about.

There is faff all you can do about other people/human nature. You just have to decide whether not being the first to walk away is more important to you than getting on with your life, and take reassurance from the fact that the next time it'll be someone else walking away first because they've got a (metaphorical) cake in the oven or whatever.

Hope you're feeling less like a push-me-pull-you soon

L&P

BD