SimonJC

Northumberland/Nth Tynside Self-help Support

In my quest for a diagnosis for a possible ASD, I have been advised by many people, including members of this forum, to seek out a local support group in order that I may be able to better assess myself and maybe find a few comforting words during this stressful stage of my life. Now it's all well and good conversing via forums such as these (and they do definitely help), but there are times when you need to be able to talk with people face to face, albeit with some difficulty in making the initial approach as is normal with ASDs. So a self-help support group for ASD sufferers would be ideal. The problem is that to date, I have found no such groups in Northumberland or North Tyneside that are still holding meetings.

I am writing this post to see if anyone on this forum knows of any such services in the above area. If not, are there any people in the area that would maybe be interested in getting together at some point?

I know this may be a tall order, but surely there must be other adults in the same boat as me. Even parents of children who are on the Spectrum would maybe appreciate coming together with adult sufferers also.