Sign in to follow this  
Tally

Wish me Luck!!!

My littlest cousin, aged 6, is coming to stay tonight!

I've been wanting to have her to stay but because she's so young I didn't think I could manage on my own. But my brother is doing the driving to pick her up. Her family are going to my parents' house for lunch tomorrow so I will deliver her back to them there, after a visit to the farm :)

We've got turkey dinosaurs for tea. A bit of a treat, because they eat proper food at home.

I've cleaned my house and everything, but I don't expect it will stay like that for long!

She has been fed, watered, bathed, read to, mitzi only bit her once, and she has phoned home to say goodnight to her mum and complain that she forgot to pack enough pants. I don't think i've forgotten anything too important!

No, I completely forgot about that last night. But she did clean them this morning! We watched Toy Story 3 and Mitzi bit her again.

We had a great time at the farm this morning, feeding goats, sheep and llamas, and watching pig racing. There is all sorts of stuff there, an adventure playground, bouncy castle, soft play centre. My brother and I had a great time!

Now I am absolutely knackered!

No, I completely forgot about that last night. But she did clean them this morning! We watched Toy Story 3 and Mitzi bit her again.

We had a great time at the farm this morning, feeding goats, sheep and llamas, and watching pig racing. There is all sorts of stuff there, an adventure playground, bouncy castle, soft play centre. My brother and I had a great time!

Now I am absolutely knackered!

Boy, they really know how to look after their animals there! Adventure playground, bouncy castle, soft play centre... Do they let the visiting kids on too, or just the goats, sheep and racing pigs? Did the racing pigs have go fast stripes? Spoilers? Do they change their trotters depending on the weather conditions?

Glad you/she had a lovely time. Mitzi sounds very loveable - not. Hope your cousin bit her back (bit her in retaliation, I mean, not bit her on the back, before some smartarse comes along to split the hairy atom. :whistle: )

There was a fire at a petting zoo near us last weekend. Luckily the smoke-a-llama went off in good time and every one escaped baaaah a couple of sheep and two suckling pigs. Still, every cloud has a silver lining - that's the cheapest hog-roast I've ever been to and the crackling was done to a turn :whistle:

L&P

BD :D

Edited by baddad

I'm quite defensive of my Mitzi :ph34r: Yes, she is far from perfect, but she has made exceptional progress after a very difficult start in life.

She has neurological problems and a history of abuse, and is very mistrusting of new people. Unfortunately she does not have the sense to take herself off somewhere quiet, and likes to keep a close eye on all my guests. My cousins have 2 ragdoll cats which are the soppiest cats in the known universe, so they're not really used to a cat like Mitzi. My older cousins are better able to understand that Mitzi wants to be alone for a bit now, but Tilly just wanted to play with her and Mitzi wasn't really up for boisterous cuddling.

Mitzi was actually very tolerant and did enjoy a lot of chasing a toy on a string about the house.

My auntie was not really too bothered about her little girl getting bitten. She thought it was probably a good thing for my cousin to learn that you can't just approach a strange cat and expect it to be as soppy as theirs. There was no blood drawn and I expect she will make a full recovery.

Unfortunately when we got to my parents' house, Tilly tried to cuddle my mum's cat, who bit her! There were a few tears :crying: but after a cuddle and the application of some green gunge, she was ready to play football.

I'm quite defensive of my Mitzi :ph34r: Yes, she is far from perfect, but she has made exceptional progress after a very difficult start in life.

She has neurological problems and a history of abuse, and is very mistrusting of new people. Unfortunately she does not have the sense to take herself off somewhere quiet, and likes to keep a close eye on all my guests. My cousins have 2 ragdoll cats which are the soppiest cats in the known universe, so they're not really used to a cat like Mitzi. My older cousins are better able to understand that Mitzi wants to be alone for a bit now, but Tilly just wanted to play with her and Mitzi wasn't really up for boisterous cuddling.

Mitzi was actually very tolerant and did enjoy a lot of chasing a toy on a string about the house.

My auntie was not really too bothered about her little girl getting bitten. She thought it was probably a good thing for my cousin to learn that you can't just approach a strange cat and expect it to be as soppy as theirs. There was no blood drawn and I expect she will make a full recovery.

Unfortunately when we got to my parents' house, Tilly tried to cuddle my mum's cat, who bit her! There were a few tears :crying: but after a cuddle and the application of some green gunge, she was ready to play football.

Hi tally -

I think you've taken me a bit too seriously! :lol:

We've been out cat cuddling today at the rescue centre, actually, and for a change it's Ben with the scratches while I went completely unscathed. I'm actually as soft as poo with most animals, and wouldn't dream of biting one back! We were having a laugh after Ben got scratched about Tabitha 'version one', who used to rip him to shreds when they played quite regularly, and what a wimp he's turned into since she died, because now he backs off over the tiniest swipe.

A pair of absolutely GARJUSS 14 yr old tabbies there, BTW, I would have happily brought home if our Tabby (2) wasn't such a high maintenance wuss. :rolleyes:

:D