Sign in to follow this  
mysti

Seeking advice for appointment at diagnosis clinic

Hello,

I haven't posted much since I signed up a little while ago but I've recently received an appt to be seen at Cambridge Lifespan Asperger Syndrome Service (CLASS) next month.

Has anyone got any advice regarding what to expect, any preparation I need to do, anything I need to think about it advance, anything I need to take with me...?

Thank you,

Molly

Hello,

I haven't posted much since I signed up a little while ago but I've recently received an appt to be seen at Cambridge Lifespan Asperger Syndrome Service (CLASS) next month.

Has anyone got any advice regarding what to expect, any preparation I need to do, anything I need to think about it advance, anything I need to take with me...?

Thank you,

Molly

They will have told you everything you need in their letters. You will have completed their questionnaires already. All you need to take is yourself and your relative/informant. If you want to take other notes so you feel more secure I'm sure they'd be fine with that, but it's not necessary. I was diagnosed at CLASS - I didn't take anything else with me, though I had sent them copies of school reports with my questionnaires in advance.

I was diagnosed there too!

I was surprised at what my mum said about me as a child, and found it quite upsetting (she wasn't unkind, just I had never realised how I appeared to her), so maybe prepare yourself for something similar? Also, they will looking to discount or suggest other conditions, too.

Good luck.

Bid :)

Edited by bid

I was diagnosed at the Sheffield Asperger's Unit. I just took myself along. My parents also attended. When, at a follow-up apppointment I read the answers my parents gave in the questionnaire, I couldn't understand why the psychologist diagnosed me as having Asperger's. OK, I talked a bit loudly during the assessment, but it's not as if I have the classic Aspie monotone voice.